BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Oops-a-daisy!

Okay, I apologize for my slackness on delivering pictures of that handsome little guy I'm lucky to call my son and I promise I've got plenty of pictures (that are still on the camera and have yet to be uploaded ) to share. My little man turned 9 months on Friday and I haven't even posted his 8 month pictures!  Anywho, the reason for this entry is to let you know some BIG news and NO, we're not expecting so clear that thought right this very instant! :) Our Colin who is the fastest crawler I have ever seen has began to take steps. He has no fear! And TODAY, he took 4 in a row! Not once, not twice, but three times!!!! I can't tell you how proud I am and how honored I am that God picked me to be his mommy. I can watch him and just cry because he is just in every possibly way, perfect. Down to his long lashes and button nose and his daddy's ears...that child of mine is the most beautiful, perfect little thing I have laid my eyes on. However, lately this beautiful child of mine has been wearing some bruises....like I said, he has no fear. Climbing anything he can, attempts at walking, and pulling things down can be rough!  BTW, if you don't get the title b/c I have learned that I don't realize what is just southern language..it just means oops.  When I was little I didn't just say oops; it was oopsadaisy.  Just wanted to clarify.  :)     Stay tuned b/c I'm sure we'll have video soon!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you not been enlightened to his daddy's climbing experiences? To the point where a tree in the back yard had to be cut down on his account.. and finding him hanging from the top of a closet door in the boys' bedroom.. so it comes naturally. Boys!!
Love,
Aunt DeeAnn

Anonymous said...

Aunt DeeAnn said it... Maybe Daddy can show him how dresser drawers make great steps for climbing to the dresser top. Hold on tight! Love,
Aunt Colleen

Anonymous said...

I had forgotten Aunt Colleen's memory of dresser drawers.. but now recall quite vividly. The great part about being an aunt .. we can laugh at the memories and forget parents were having heart palpitations in the process.
Love,
Aunt DeeAnn

Mimi said...

All of the above is true and then some. Tree in back yard cut down because Brendan would not stay out of it-TRUE. Climbing to the top of louver doors and just hanging around until someone noticed-TRUE. Climbing up the dresser drawers to get to the top-TRUE and then some...once on top decided to fly off the top, getting his foot caught in the top drawer and then followed by our monthly trip to the ER where we were old friends. I could go on but I'll save more for another time ENJOY THE RIDE BRENDAN AND JENN, we sure did.

Love,
Mom (AKA Mimi)

Anonymous said...

I am well aware that this is what happens when mothers say I hope you have a kid just like you... I can only hope this is where the similarities end.

Brendan

Anonymous said...

Let the similarities continue! Daddy has far too many good qualities to pass on for the next generation. Love,
Aunt Colleen

Mimi said...

You can say that again Aunt Colleen, everyone would be very proud and lucky to have a son like you Brendan!!!!!