BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Falling into place

Wow!  What a crazy month July and August have proven to be! I don’t think it will settle down really until September. I don’t want to say that though because I may just jinx it!  We have a full plate but it’s a wonderful plate to have!  Most of you know, for the past 2 years ( and I say 2 because I knew it was going to be difficult before moving to Columbia) I have been praying, applying, hoping, and praying, and praying for a job teaching again!  This past year not being able to teach has been very tough on me.  I always knew I loved teaching but until I couldn’t do it anymore did I realize that teaching is very much a part of who I am!

 

Last weekend, while Brendan and I were heading back to Columbia to fix some things around the house, I received a phone call.  It was a school!  In Horry county!  ( the county, we now reside in)  I was very excited, but didn’t want to get my hopes considering my luck!  I had a phone interview which I was kind of worried about, but then received another call requesting to meet me.  I met the principal and curriculum coordinator and they were just awesome!  I was offered the position and I cannot tell you how excited I am!  My name: Mrs. Talty will be used by precious 4 and 5 year olds!  I will be teaching Pre-K  along with 2 other teachers who I am very anxious to get to know better!   Thank you for your prayers as I have been travelling down this road!

 

It truly seems that MB is the place where God wants us to be.  Had I gotten a teaching job in Columbia and Brendan was offered this promotion, I would have been very reluctant to say “yes”.  It was all in God’s time. I’m amazed and astounded how things fall in place the way they are supposed to.  Brendan received a promotion, we moved, we put our house up, someone made an offer, we accepted, I find a job in a public school, closing date  is established.  It’s gone crazy fast and like I said, we have a full plate but it’s an awesome and a blessing to have this plate.  We are so thankful and blessed.  It just goes to show , what’s meant to be will be! 

 

Okay, I splurged on myself just a tiny bit.  Isn’t it odd sometimes the things that excite one?  I went to Broadway and got me a congratulatory gift for myself. ha ha   

 

 

lunchbox

That would be a lunch box with my name on it incase you were wondering.    I also purchased a new pad and pens but not to worry..they are plain.  :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE ARE SO PROUD AND HAPPY FOR THE BOTH OF YOU. GOD HAS AMAZING PLANS FOR YOUR FUTURE.

ALL OUR LOVE,
MOM AND DAD T.