BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Our little chaotic life

is great but busy!!  And I mean BUSY! It seems like we had not had a break since June to be honest! I need a vacation and this is only the 1st week of school!  So today was my first day with students!  Unfortunately, I wasn’t really with them today as I was pulling them aside and testing them.  This week, the kids are staggering in.  Today I had 8 kids, tomorrow I will have 6 , and then Friday  I’ll have 6 students.  Monday, I’ll have all 20.   This past Monday and Tuesday I did home visits to all of my students.  Let me just say how humbled I was to enter into some of these homes.  It truly makes you appreciate the things that you take for granted.  Some, really broke my heart.  I think making home visits were a fantastic idea although I was most definitely out of my comfort zone, I think it will make me a better teacher for my students to know where they come from. 

 

My room is 95% ready.   Without the amazing help from my assistant, I would be at square one still.  She has been a blessing!  I really think I am going to love my new school and I already love my new students!!  Even though I am nervous about the grade level that I am teaching, I know that as long as I am having fun and loving what I’m doing, then those kids and I will be just A-okay!  I pray that I can be patient, understanding, challenging, and nurturing to my new group of preschoolers!

1 comments:

The Talty's said...

so glad to hear that you're settling in! can't wait to hear some more stories about those sweet kiddos!