BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 6, 2009

Honeymoon Part 2

While we were on the resort, we did lots of activities. Pictures will come in honeymoon part 3. We went horseback riding on the last day. Unfortunately, they gave us total opposite horses! Brendan had the one that wanted to be the leader always and would not slow down! Me- I have Chocolate (pronounced choc-o-lot-ay). He was the slowest, laziest horse! He did not want to walk! So Brendan and I really didn't get to ride together since Chocolate was being a turtle and Brendan's horse, which we do not know his name, wanted to be well....a horse! We rode the horses on the last day so as to not have our behinds be in pain the entire honeymoon.

We also kayaked! Which was fun-for me! Unfortunately, Brendan recieved a blister from all of my "lack of rowing". AND I did row, he just told me to stop, he had it so I did! Rowing was hard work in the ocean! hehee It was so beautiful to be able to see to the bottom of the ocean floor! The water was so clear! Kayaking was a lot of fun but a lot of work. We were so glad that we did it though! Even if Brendan had to "do all of the work".

Brendan really wanted to try archery. Me- not so much, but we agreed to do it anyway! Once I got the hang of it, I actually enjoyed it and was glad that Brendan got me to agree to do it! At first, we didn't know what the heck we were doing so we asked for help. The guy showed us and even came back a few times to make sure we didn't have any more questions. Brendan was much better at than me. Neither one of us made a bulls eye but we both hit the target! Him more than me!

I really wanted to snorkel! Brendan wasn't too fond of the idea but after a little pouting, he agreed! It was an excursion where we rode a speed boat AND snorkeled. I was kind of scared to drive the speed boat at first, so I told Brendan he could drive to the snorkel site and I would drive back. We were following others. It's not like we were out there on our own. Brendan was an excellent driver! Once we got to the snorkel site, we put on our gear and jumped out of our speed boat. It was so neat!! Unfortunately, our underwater camera broke and we don't think we got any pictures. :o( The water was definitely cooler in the middle of the ocean. Well, not in the middle, but we didn't se the shore so we were pretty far out. The fish were A- Mazing! It was so awesome seeing all of the schools of fish and the coral! Brendan was brave and took his life jacket off and went further down. I was completely content just floating around with my head under t he water! It was truly an incredible experience and we both really enjoyed it! On the way back, I was the driver. OH BOY! Apparently, the guide was not careful enough and led us straight into some shallow water and our boat as well as the other boats got stuck! I was very freaked out and refused to drive. haha So Brendan drove us back the rest of the way. We wanted to snorkel when we went to Mexico but it was cancelled due to rough waters so I was glad we got to do it on this trip!

We also had a very romantic dinner complete with menus with Mr. and Mrs. Talty on them. NEAT!! We were totally catered to. There were rose petals and champagne chilling at our table. It was so nice. The food- OH MY GAWD! The best tasting food EVER! We even got to try Octopus. Which really, wasn't bad...just really chewy. The chewiness was just too much for me! We really enjoyed our romantic dinner. It was the best meal while we were there and our waiter was awesome. We seriously can't wait to go back!!

One night, thanks to the Straslers, we had dinner on the beach. It was very romantic! We think they got the dinner wrong because all we had was seafood and we really don't think we ordered that! Then there was this couple who walked right in front of your table kissing, slow dancing, and groping each other! We were like COME ON! This is our romantic dinner, we don't want you 2 in front of us doing that! Thankfully, it didn't last long!

Our honeymoon was very romantic and beautiful. We can't wait to go back and to celebrate an anniversary. It won't be the 1 year anniversary for sure but we'll have lots to choose from. We've got forever in front of us and we can hardly wait to be old married people! Pics to come in Part 3!

0 comments: