BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Start spreading the news. I'm leaving today. I want to be a part of it

Myrtle Beach Myrtle Beach.


No, not today.  But soon. Real soon. Crazyyyyyy how soon. Brendan, who for the past few years has worked some CRAZY hours and worked so incredibly hard.  He was given a promotion that will relocate us from Columbia to Myrtle Beach.  Although, this is a wonderful opportunity for him and us, we are incredibly sad to leave. I am really hoping that once he gets into his new role that his schedule will change to one where we are not having to eat dinner at 8:00 or later! At first, I know he'll work long hours.  :o(   This is all happening very fast as I stated.  Friday, I gave my notice at work and Saturday morning (yesterday) we went to the beach in search of a place to live.  After looking and looking and looking and ummm looking, we decided on one that we both liked and felt safe with.  The people there were super nice and very helpful.  We are hoping that our house will sell fast because I am HATING living in an apartment. Mostly because of the space, close neighbors, and our dog.  Plus, we are talking about having kids soon and I want to be able to have a house where I can decorate a nursery and a fenced backward so Ferrell can just go out rather than me walking him and waiting for him to "go potty".

I am loving the idea that just a few miles down the road, there is the ocean! :)  Growing up, my summers were spent at the beach.  I think mom and Gina started taking me and Billy as soon as we were able to walk.  I wouldn't doubt if it was sooner than that.  The beach has grown so much though so we both are going to have to learn the area. 

We are so sad to leave family and friends.  We are not closer to my mom in Florence, just on the other side.  We are closer to Dillon though.  I've cried and cried and my emotions are still mixed but I guess that goes with any big change that happens in one's lives. 

Friday, I started getting sick and Saturday while we were at the beach, I got worse.  Today, I am still sick.  It couldn't come at a more perfect time, right?  This week is packing and getting the house ready to sell.  I feel awful that I am no help today while Brendan and his parents are doing a lot of work.  :o(   I am up and moving around in hopes that will make me start feeling better. We only have 1 weekend left in Columbia. See what I mean when I say crazy soon?!  It's going to be an adjustment for all 3 of us.

Please pray that this transition will be smooth!  I have all the confidence in the world that Brendan will be amazing in his new role and life at the beach will prove to be sweet!

0 comments: