BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 2, 2011

39 weeks and my countdown is over

Exciting news today! Exciting, scary, amazing, wonderful, news.  Osama is no more!! Oh, you haven't heard?!  OKay, that's not REALLY the news that I am referring to. Although, how awesome is it to be an American?! I am so proud of our men and women who have served and continue to serve so that we are able to live freely.
 The exciting, scary, amazing, and wonderful news is this well... On my part right now, mostly scary! On Brendan's part- mostly exciting!  We went to the doctor this morning to find out if I had progressed any and to find out THE DATE of when I would be induced.  Well, from Wednesday to today, we have made "significant progress" and therefore, I will be induced TOMORROW. Breathe, Jenn, Breathe!  The entire morning my stomach has been filled with knots which included my apple juice ending up in the porcelain bowl. Once Dr. Lineback said, "I see no reason why we should wait any more" my nerves stopped...I'm pretty sure my heart did too.  Just kidding. I was actually a little relieved. We finally have a date! No more waiting! I'm nervous but I know excitement and anxiety will overcome my nerves! Our son is about to be here!!
So tomorrow's plan is this: We arrive at the hospital between 5:30 am and 6 am.  I say 6, Brendan says we'll be there at 5. Crazy husband.  I told our dr. just make sure he is there with some good drugs. haha From there, I will get hooked up on IVs and my membranes will be ruptured...our term: they're going to break my water. From there I guess it's contractions, I hate you Brendan, a bunch of %$&#^ words coming out of my mouth. KIDDING. KIDDING!  Let's hope I am not a pain in the butt during this process. haha Just incase, say a prayer for our nurses and of course my husband. Our bags are packed except our toiletries which will be packed and loaded tonight.  My mom has her bags packed and loaded in her car...she's just waiting on 5:00. She'll be here tonight.  Dr. Lineback said that Colin is expected to be  here by tomorrow afternoon. He said if he's not here by the afternoon, we'll see about Plan B.  Plan B would be a Cesarean.  I'm estimating Colin to be at least 8 lbs considering a month ago he was almost 6lbs.  Brendan has made a list of people to txt once little man arrives with his weight, length, and time of birth.  If you're not sure you're on his list..make sure you txt him to let him know you want to know.
Keep us in your thoughts and prayers that labor and delivery will go well and that our baby boy will be happy and healthy!
Just think...the next time I blog, Colin will be here!!

0 comments: