BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 3, 2009

Summer time and the livin' is easy - for me at least

Sorry for the lack of updates! Things haven't been very busy around here but they are certainly about to pick up! This is my last week of pure, complete laziness and then it's back to work. Wish I was going back to work at my old school. :o( I'm still a little sad about that as you can see! This past week, I was able to go to the beach and spend some great time with some of my favorites - my mom, the sun, and the ocean! It was great. We layed out on the beach all day long. Literally. We got out there about 10 each morning and didn't really come in until 6. Of course we came in for lunch. Needlesss to say, we got a little cooked. Luckily, it all went in and wasn't red - just tender. Randy was also there along with his son. Gina and Megan came down for a day and spent time with us. It was a great vacation but something very important was missing and that was my husband! I missed him a lot and wished he could have been there!

Friday night, we went to Crocodile Rocks to see my cousin, Jonathan play. We met up with my Uncle Roger, Aunt Lynn, and then my wonderful cousin Mandi joined us! We had a great time listening to the dualing pianos. Brendan loves this place and so we're planning to go back to the beach soon and stay in Aunt Lynn's condo with them. This is a picture of me and mom taken from Crocs. I always forgot my camera on the beach.

Oh I must tell you about all the excitement that went on while vacationing. It was not exciting like FUN but just wow. Well, the 2nd day there we see this plane that keeps making circles above the ocean and it keeps getting wider and wider and then narrower and narrower. They were looking for the body of a 12 year old that drowned last Thursday. Then there were all these jet skis and divers out there. It was crazy. Nothing has been found so far. The next day, I was laying on the beach and mom had decided to go lay down by the ocean. I see our lifeguard start running down the beach and I look in the ocean and there are 2 lideguards in the ocean pretty far out and they have someone. Then this lifeguard truck races down the beach like a bat out of hell and I'm pretty worried and scared at this point. Mom tells me to come on and to let's go see what's going on. Well, me being the nosey person I am, went along. A man- not a child- was pulled from the ocean and they were giving him oxygen. They must have already administered CPR by the time we had gotten there. He was curled up and having seizures. He looked like he was in such pain. I was very upset and it broke my heart. I couldn't stand to watch. Mom and I just prayed and prayed for the young man. I listened to the news that night and a drowning was reported on the other side of the beach but not the side we were on which is still horrible. So I thank the good Lord that this man was okay.

Sorry for the downer but it was definitely the scariest thing that I have ever witnessed and I hope to never see anything like that again.

I'll try to do better with updates. Brendan and Danny start their new season of softball tonight if the weather permits it! It's been cloudy all morning. It's hard to believe the fall ball is already starting up and it's even harder to believe that it's about time to go back to work! Awww MAN! :o)

1 comments:

Aunt Maureen said...

Glad to hear you had some fun and some relaxation.

Love,
Aunt Maureen