BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

14 Week Check up

Brendan and I went to our 14 week appointment.  So far this pregnancy, I've only gained 3 pounds. I lost 1 lb and then in a month's time, I gained that 1lb back.  So all in all 3 lbs gained.  I refuse to stress over the whole weight gain issue. Or I should better say I am really going to try very hard not to stress over gaining weight, I mean really?! I am growing a person inside of me.

No ultra sound this time. Booooo! I was hoping Baby would be far back and we could barely hear like the last time but she found Baby quickly!  Heart beat was 154 bpm. Which is down from the whopping 170 bpm during our last appointment.  It's normal.  The nurse said Baby's heart beat was great! 

We always go in with a list of questions.  I'm still sick and running out of my "miracle pills" which have proven not to be as much as a miracle as I had hoped.  Dinner time is especially difficult and I do have  a tendency to see my dinner twice if you catch my point!  Mornings are not so bad. After lunch is rough.  Basically, I'm scared to eat and have my belly get full.  Let's pray that things will ease up!  Brendan and I would greatly appreciate it as he's pretty tired of hearing me getting sick too!

We go back in 3 weeks for more blood work to get tested for all sorts of things with Baby. THEN the exciting news, we got back in 2 weeks ( total of 5 weeks from today), 1 WEEK before Christmas!!, to find out if Baby will be wearing baseball caps or hair bows!  Either way, Baby WILL have a matching something to go on their head with every outfit. :) So WE are extremely excited and anxious.  I've decided to post a poll on here to get everyone's opinion of what they think Baby will be.  I'll post baby bump pictures in case you want to judge based on that. Feel free to ask any questions!  I'll do this a little later though.

First Baby Dream
Last night, I had my first dream about Baby.  Baby came out being a GIRL and Brendan wanted to name her Carmex.  Yes, like the chap stick.  He also put her car seat in the front seat and smoked a cigarette with her in the car.  ( He doesn't smoke)  Then we were home and we needed to run somewhere.  So we did but we left Carmex at home because "well, she doesn't do anything but sleep anyways." Brendan's words not mine but I agreed.  We were not good parents to Baby Carmex in this dream.  Also, Carmex was a HUGE baby.  Ohhhh craziness!!


HOUSE NEWS
Brendan and I ventured out this past weekend and look at some houses and models.  Our frustration with waiting and waiting on this other house had gotten the best of us and we decided to start moving on.We did see a lot of possibilities!   Well, I say a lot but I really mean 2.  Yesterday we got SOME sort of answer on the house that we put a bid on and the answer was not WAIT but APPROVED and now it goes before someone else and then they approve it and WE CLOSE!  POSSIBLY as early as MONDAY.  Holy Moly!!  God is GOOD!!  Pray again that everything works out.  God has been so wonderful to us in our move here to MB and he continually blesses us.  I will keep you updated on that as we get updates.  It's just so incredibly nice NOT to hear "wait" anymore.  I pray that we don't get that again!

5 comments:

The Talty's said...

girl you make me laugh...oh you make me laugh!!! :) i love you! so much to respond about, but really we just need to chat!
hoping you feel tons better soon...i think my magic week with cole was 16, so hopefully soon, the nauseau will cease! and by the way...i'm going to guess GIRL, but i won't make it official until i see you :)
on the issue of weight gain...ha! i think i had gained ATLEAST 10 lbs. by 14 wks. i'd say you're doing pretty good!
oh man...the dream! you are a scream! such detail...i say lay off of the pizza late at night :) hey, CARMEX would work on this side of the talty family ;)
loving all of these fun posts!
can't wait to see you!!!!!! come soon! :)

Deana said...

Congrats again Jenn on the pregnancy! I do have a guess as to what I think it is but I will save that for a later date! :) But I did have to laugh at the dream. That is too funny and ya know, I kinda like the name CARMEX! hahaha Anyways, the nausea should be easing up any time now probably. Mine was about week 14 or 15 when it went away. And it literally just went away like over night! Well I hope everything is going well and if you ever need anything, please let me know!! Miss Ya'll!

Karen said...

Jenn Bug! Oh how happy i am for you!!!!! You are going to be a remarkable mom! I'm so so happy for you and Brendan on this new journey! I still think you're having a boy! :) I can already picture him or her in baseball caps or hairbows :) I love you and need to see you soon!!! xoxoxoxo!

Anonymous said...

So many good thoughts and helpful hints for you, Jenn. Hang in there, all will get better soon.
Love,
Aunt DeeAnn

Brandon and Emily said...

Glad to hear about the house and we hope you start feeling better soon! Keep praying for good things and they'll come!