BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

27 Weeks

Hello third and final trimester! It's so awesome to see you, but I have to admit, you've made my daily activities a bit uncomfortable.  Bending over, standing up, getting up, tying shoes, sitting on the floor are just a few of the things that have really become a task to do! However, I am anxious and excited because we are closer to meeting our son.  Crazzzzzzzzy.  But exciting!  So yesterday, we had a doctor's appointment where I had to drink this really sweet concoction and then have my blood drawn with a "butteryfly needle". I've got small veins and they tend to be hard to find.  Anywho, so I had my glucose test done.  I decided to take the day off from work since I had this hour long test and it marked 1 year since the passing of my dad and I just didn't know how the day would go for me.  Brendan was such a sweetheart and came with me.  I get a phone call this afternoon telling me that my glucose levels were elevated and that I need to now take a 3 hour glucose test. I failed my test! booo!!  I will get pricked and blood will be taken from me 4 times.  UGHHHHHH.  Now, I'm wishing I did not take the entire day off yesterday because now I have to take a good portion of the day off on Tuesday to take this test.  I need my days for Maternity Leave!  However, if there is a problem, I'd like for them to be able to discover it and treat it so I won't complain too much.  So think of me Tuesday as I return and hope for better test results.

On the house front.   No date set yet to close which really stinks because we've already began the process of packing up this little apt.  I went by there today after work (which I timed it and I'm 8 minutes from my job!!!!) to take a peep through the windows and it looks like they've NOT done much of anything.  We were hoping to close on Friday but I am throwing that out the blessed window! It ain't gonna happen! If it does I will be THRILLED but I'm not holding my breath at all!  We are very ready to move in!  We even bought this slammin' refrigerator to go in the new house.  Oh. My. Gah. Did I really just say that? About a fridge?!  

This upcoming Saturday, we are getting to see Colin in 3d and 4d with our folks!  Pretty exciting.  They told me to drink a lot of water the week leading up to the appointment.  I am trying but this baby boy LIVES on my bladder and I'm having to fill it up....you can imagine, I'm constantly making visits to the ladies' room. I'm talkin' I stand up and it's an emergency!!   I hope to post pics of little man from the visit! I'm not sure what all I get! 

0 comments: