BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 31, 2010

A New Name............

What?!  What does that mean??  A new name??!  Jenn, seriously!  Well, I got to thinking about  how many names I have had in my life time. Of course there was Jennifer.  When I was looking at my baby book, I noticed mom calling me "Jenny"  which yuck!, thanks to the movie Forest Gump and how much I was picked on with that name, I do not wish to ever be called "Jenny".   Then there is the name I mostly go by: Jenn.    Both my Dad and Mom called me Baby Girl.  Mom called me Pris mostly.  Nicknames of course.   Then as a teacher ( pre-marriage), I was Miss Cox.   And now I am Mrs. Talty. So you ask what is this new name you speak of in your title? Well, I'll tell you...............................






















It's........ MOMMY!

Brendan and I are thrilled to announce that we are expecting a baby this May!!  We are beyond excited to share this news with everyone!  Keeping it a secret was so incredibly hard.  When you have incredible news, you just want to scream it and tell everyone you pass by regardless if you know them or not!!  We found out the first of September.  We announced it to my Mom when she came for a visit and then Brendan's parents on Grandparent's Day while we were visiting them.  Their reactions were videoed.  A bonus to look forward to when you come back to visit the blog.  :)

We have been to 3 doctor's appointments.  The first to verify that we are indeed pregnant. ( As if the 4 positive tests I took were not enough)  We did get an ultra sound then and Baby Talty looked like a little jumping bean!  (( It was the heart))  How amazing!! The 2nd to get blood work done and to listen for a heart beat.  And the 3rd to listen again and to see how much Baby has grown! Only cravings so far have been mashed potatoes or baked potatoes...I'm not sure if it's a craving or it's because it's light on my tummy. New craving: A1 Sauce.  In case you were wondering, I have been sick as a dog!  Luckily, I didn't have to go through it too long because the doctor gave me something that helped tremendously! I still feel nauseated a lot but at least I'm not afraid to leave 5 feet from the toilet anymore!  Heart burn has started to come in as well.  And of course I'm tired all of the time but HEY, you teach twenty 4 year olds each day and see if you're not tired at the day's end! :)  I usually don't make it past 9 pm anymore. This frustrates my husband.


Our First Ultra Sound at 6.5 weeks.  Basically a little blur! But that sweet little blur melted our hearts!!

We see a little head!! AND we heard Baby's heart beat.  Going strong at 165!! This was taken at 8 weeks 1 day!
Ultra Sound # 3. 10 weeks and 1 day. We went in to hear baby's heart beat but our sweet little one was too far back and so they had to listen to the heart beat through an ultra sound which I was just fine with getting another ultra sound! Heart Beat was 170!! It's always so amazing that each time we go and see our baby, Baby has doubled in size!  This appointment was especially wonderful because we were also able to see our baby MOVE!  Brendan videoed it.  Listen carefully, its right after Brendan goes "huh!"




Like I posted in a previous blog, Brendan is too cute for words!  He is very concerned and watches everything I eat/ drink/ do.  He reads with me so that WE know what is happening with my body and our baby. He is also awesome about taking me to dinner when I really want something such as A1 sauce. :)  He has attended every doctor's appointment and puts every appointment on the calendar.  If you can't tell that he's excited then you're insane!

I have a bump now!  It's CRAZY!! Everything I read says, "you probably are not showing just yet". Are you kidding me?! At 6 weeks, I struggled to button my britches! Now, going into the 2nd Trimester, you can imagine that maternity clothes are a must.  I'm not HUGE, but I have a bump and sleeping on my tummy has become a difficult task. Which is the only way that I generally sleep!  Go figure!

If this entry doesn't flow well, I am very sorry!  I started it in September and added to it after each Doctor's appointment and update. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yyyyyyeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations! Love you all,
Aunt Colleen & Uncle Tony

Ashlyn said...

I can tell you are so happy!! And you should be :)So happy for you too! Love you girlie!