BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 15, 2010

Thank you

As I sit here, I don't know how or even if I will get through this entry. I simply wanted to express my sincerest gratitude to our friends, family, neighbors, and even complete strangers who have reached out to me and my family during what I can only describe as an immensely difficult time. Last week felt like such a long, long week. My heart still aches as I can only imagine it will for a while.

My brother, who has been incredibly strong is my hero. I am so proud of the young man that he is and looking back through pictures, I see so much of him in my daddy. Mom and Dad raised an outstanding man and I am honored to call him my brother. When I heard the news of my father, I wanted to get to him as fast as I could and when I did get to him to comfort him...he was the one who helped to comfort me. Me the older sister and him....my baby brother. I love you Ronald Kevin Cox.

My husband, who held me when my feet and body would shut down has been my rock. I cannot imagine what it must have been like for him to learn the news and then rush home to me so that when I heard the news, I wasn't alone. I am so thankful for him. I don't think I would be handling this as well as I am without him. He has been so incredible and kind. Words can never express how much I love him. God knew exactly what He was doing bringing Brendan and I together.

Please just know how grateful we are for your love, support, and prayers. I am having a difficult time so please continue to pray. Our hearts are broken for the past, the present, and of course the future. I think my mom said it wonderfully when she said "Can't you just see him and MeMa in Heaven now? I bet she's making him biscuits and he's sitting at her kitchen table." Anyone who knows the family knows that MeMa made THE BEST homemade biscuits in the world. Daddy and me LOVED them and when I came home from college, she would make me a special batch. Mema went to Heaven almost 6 years ago.

Well, I made it through the entry. Again, thank you so much for your love and support.

1 comments:

MomPam said...

My Dearest Jennifer,
I just want you that I love you! And I hope you know how special you and Kevin are to me! I thank God for Brendan and that on that dreadful morning I was able to get in touch with him! As soon as I called him, he immediately went home to be with you! I love you and Kevin more than my own life! I wish I could take all your pain and tears away! Hopefully the memories you have with your dad and Mema will comfort you until you see them again in Heaven!
I love you!