BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Double Date

Last Saturday, Brendan and I went on a double date. We went out and battled the "icy roads" in the name of basketball! Which was a lot of fun. Luckily, the roads weren't bad! It was actually my first basketball game for Carolina. It was a great game! We played Georgia and it was super close. Luckily we came out with a Win! Go Gamecocks! I think the final score was 78-77. I'm not a big fan of basketball but I can definitely get into it when I'm at the actual game.

I'm sure you can guess who was taking the picture. So Mom T. took a pic of the boys chatting/cheering.

So Brendan has been sick for the past 2 days with a virus or something but he is feeling better today, thankfully. Hopefully, his germs are gone and I will be sick-free. I've been pretty lucky this year about not getting sick and it's probably because I'm not teaching. :o(

Last Saturday, I went to a job fair for teachers. Brendan even took me because of the threat of icy conditions! How sweet. :o) This Saturday, I've got hopefully 3 more job fairs to go to. I'm not sure why the school districts decide to have their career fair on the same day at the same time. One of the fairs, you have to have an appointment so I'm planning how to do this around the one fair. It's like trying to get from point A to point T and then back tracking to point L. Saturday, I'm trying to achieve the impossible. Keep your fingers crossed that I will be able to make it to all 3! I really need my name and information out there so that this time next year, I will be worry-free of a job because I will already have one teaching. Please, continue to pray that I will get a job, teaching. I'm so worried. It's like a repeat of last year with the talk of budget cuts and furlough days. I don't even care if I have to take a pay decrease..at least I will have some income and be doing what I miss and love so much. I'm in the same boat and I want to get off. I've been tuned into the news and have been reading up on what's going on. Last year, there were 1000 less teachers in South Carolina. It's so unfair to our kids. South Carolina is low when it comes to academics and this is just hurting us that much more. I hope our government comes up with a solution that hires teachers (including this one :o) ).

0 comments: