BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 28, 2011

This Just in............

I got the BEST birthday gift this past Monday. What?! What did you get?? Tell me, tell me!! I wanna know!  Oh brother, can you tell I hang out with kids all day or what?! Our offer was accepted on a house!! Short sale, shmort sale! That is of the past! We are so thrilled!!!  There was no counter offer it was just wham, bam, thank ya mam' ACCEPTED!    The Sunday before it was even accepted, I jumped the gun and played pretend and went "shopping" for the new house and decorated it.  It was pretend and no money was actually spent.  It was my birthday and it's how I wanted to spend it. :)   I am so excited. I do have a few parting words though.....

Dear upstairs neighbor,
I will not miss your stomping or bowling or loud music.  Nor will I miss your 4 am get ups to bowl/stomp. I will not miss trying to figure out if you are a man or woman. My husband says a woman but I still think you're a man.  OK, that was mean.  I'm sorry.  Even as I type this, you are jamming upstairs and possibly moving your furniture around. You will not be missed especially at 4 am on Saturdays. I will not miss you THE MOST.

Dear Geese,
I will not miss your squawking or the little mess that you leave on the ground that I am sure our neighbors believe to be our dog's.  All of a sudden we got a  generic note on our door about picking up after our pets when you started handling your business around our building.  Coincidence? I think not.....  Ferrell was framed!  He's innocent!

Dear dog owners of the apt. complex,
I will not miss waiting forever for my dog to find a special spot to go because your animals have went everywhere.  I have a peculiar dog, what can I say?  I will not miss having to put my dog on a leash to potty or hearing my little 6lb dog bark at your 150 lb dog.  I will not miss dodging my steps from what YOU fail to pick up. Nasty Nasty.

and last but not least

Dear tiny little apt.,
I am not attached to you so saying goodbye is not difficult.  I will not miss our inability to keep you clean and straightened because there is just NO space or room for our belongings.  I will not miss the teeny, tiny kitchen and not being able to grocery shop but rather shop each day for dinner. I will not miss your paper, thin walls.  Yes, neighbor, we hear when you and your loved one are not agreeing on something.  I also blame you, apt., for killing my "impossible to kill" plant.  It's easier to blame you than myself. After all, it was IMPOSSIBLE to kill. So it HAD to be your fault, not mine. However, I will miss that you were handicap accessible and had rails in the bathtub.  This makes taking a bath do-able.  How will I ever manage in our new place?  I'm sure I will figure out a way.


Closing Date to be determined but possibly as soon as the 2nd week in February!!  We need helpers/volunteers/good Samaritans when the time comes around to moving. Any and all help will be appreciated and welcomed! haha  I feel guilty because I know I'm going to be little help.  My back has already started hurting. I always expected the back pain to come with pregnancy as my chiropractors have always told me pregnancy was going to be hard on my back but I thought, well, docs are wrong all the time so maybe this will be one of those times!

Our new digs:


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn,
You are so funny with your parting thoughts to the apartment and the he/she upstairs.

We are so happy for the both of you on your new house. Just in time for our sweet little Colin to arive, WE CAN'T WAIT!

Love, Mimi and Grandpa