BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The oldest 26 year old on the block

Today I noticed some of my actions and they are not that of the typical 26 year old. What pointed this out to me...or screamed at me was during the time when I was sitting on my back porch- feet propped up on the other chair, drinking hot tea, bird watching...well making sure those "tree rats" - squirrels were not eating my bird seeds, and reading a book. I think I am an old soul. I will define more of my qualities that make me the oldest 26 year old.


  • I am in bed by 9pm. Doesn't mean I am asleep by 9 but I am ready to get in bed usually by 9. If you catch me awake past 11.....I'm probably just asleep with my eyes open.
  • My manners. That may just be me being polite or the way that I was brought up but every time a kid says "yea" or "no" to me..I say "yea/no what?" and then wait for them to say yes/no m'am. Also if Ior anyone gives them something...I ask "What do you say?" They respond "thank you".
  • The way I get up from sitting down. I pulled a muscle right before Thanksgiving in 2008, and so when I get up, it takes some effort on my part and I'm limping a bit. I know I should get it checked out and I will one of these days.
  • My new thing is the English Tea.
  • While in college, I could leave the dorm/house in my PJs....you definitely wouldn't catch me out in my PJs now a days.
  • I cut out coupons and look for deals in the market...and actually get pretty pysched when I save $$ at the market...on food.
  • I carry my coupons wherever I go...never know when you might need one. Brendan says I have a coupon for everything.
  • My dog is a person.
  • I read the newspaper.
  • I watch the news.
  • When Brendan curses in front of me I say "watch your language"
  • I look online for home remedies.
  • I really, really want to learn how to knit.
  • I'd much rather stay in than go out.
Wow, that list turned out much longer than I thought it would be. This is sad! I know when I'm older, I'm going to want to kick myself for being such an old gal! Crap, even saying "old gal" was an old thing to say. I'm hopeless. :O) Wonder what I'll be like when I'm 80? haha

1 comments:

Deana said...

hahahahaha...girl I'm right there with you. I'm the oldest (almost) 25 year old on the block! Just wait til you have kids...it gets worse!!!