BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Our Valentine's...at last!

This past Saturday, Brendan and I got up and went to Pisgah National Forest. We mapped out our hikes and which waterfalls we wanted to see. Now, those of you who know me, know that I am about a prissy as they come. I've never pretended to like the outdoors. Sure, it's beautiful to look at and I do love waterfalls! We had to hike much farther than we originally anticipated because of the road we were supposed to turn down turned into the road that we had to walk down. There was a fallen tree and the road was closed. So we hiked a mile and half down the road. We then saw our first waterfall and picniced! It was also so nice because we were the ONLY ones that we saw out there!




We then hiked up on this "imaginary trail" in which I thought for sure I was going to die! The leaves made for a slippery climb up this mountain. And YES, I said climb UP this MOUNTAIN. I was about to throw in the towel. Brendan was being my own personal cheerleader. You can do it, Jenn! haha I was so glad that I did, because this waterfall was definitely worth the major incline! It was amazing. Isn't it amazing and wonderful how awesome our God is? His creations are just remarkable and breathtaking!


Our first Valentine's together was spent at Pisgah National Park where we had a picnic under a waterfall. Brendan completely surprised me! It was the most romantic, sweetest things ever! So it was nice to spend our first Valentine's together as a Mr. and Mrs. together again at Pisgah. Although it was in February. It was still OUR Valentine's.

This link should take you to a photo of our FIRST Valentine's Day which we also celebrated in Pisgah.

http://inlinethumb09.webshots.com/45384/1275530618053771874S425x425Q85.jpg

I am so thankful and blessed to have an amazing, supportive husband. I know I'm biased when it comes to thinking I have the best, but in my book, he is the absolute best without a doubt!

0 comments: