BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 28, 2010

She works hard for the money...so hard for it honey

As promised, I am updating on how the new job is going. I think I am starting to get used to the ride but it does make me very anxious to leave work as soon as 5:30 hits. Unfortunately, I haven't been getting off quite at 5:30 more like a quarter til' 6 which hopefully WILL change. So Monday, the kids were not there because it was an in-service day. I am now CPR certified. :) Dr. Jenn in the house! Sorry...that was lame! Also we had a staff meeting on Monday in which the guy who hired me announced that he is selling the center and we met the new owners which are very nice people. Needless to say, my jaw hit the floor. Dude just hired me and I was under the impression he was going to be my super! Anywho, I'm not sweating it because I know things will work out for the best.

My kids. I have 20 sweet little 4 year olds. We did a lot of exciting learning activities this week and we will continue to do so. I think when the new batch of kids come in, I am going to switch the schedule a bit. I wanted to keep it the same for the remainder of the school year. They are cute and quite smart. I find that I have to do a lot of one on one instruction though rather than small group. I'm sure as time goes on, I'll get the hang and feel of it. Right now, I think I am just trying to get out of my 1st grade teacher mind frame.

I do, however, miss public school and SO desperately want back into the system. I liked my hours better, my summers off, and the fact that I don't have to be the related arts teacher. Here, I have to be the PE teacher, the Music Teacher, the Art Teacher, etc. But some districts are going on a hiring freeze and once again, it sucks to be a teacher because the opportunity for employment is slim to none. It seriously breaks my heart.

We set sail for the Bahamas in a little less than 3 months and I can't tell you how anxious I am for a get away! I really want to swim with the dolphins but I was looking at that excursion and BOY OH BOY is it like the most expensive excursion they have! We did snorkel while we were in the Dominican and it was fun and we tried to snorkel while we were in Mexico but it got cancelled due to the tides or rough waves or something! So I'd like to try something new.

Alright, well, I've got to go get ready for church and wake a snoring husband up!

1 comments:

The Talty's said...

YAY Jenn!!! I've been so anxioius to hear how it went! I'm so excited for you. You are definitely blessed to have a job right now. I don't know how SC is right now, but they just layed off 17,000 teachers in IL!!! Crazy! The state owes our little school system alone $311,000 for this school year and they aren't sure they'll get it.
Bad news right now for education around here!
I'm sure the kids LOVE you and you'll be great with that age!
Thanks for the update!
Love you guys!!!
Jess