BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Something to blog about

A new job!! I will be working at a Learning Center teaching Pre-K. Although, it's NOT in a school district and I DON'T have my summers off, I am very thankful to have a job and to be able to teach again. This is not to say that I am not holding out hope to teach in the school district again, because I most certainly do! Right now, education seems to get the biggest hit when it comes to budget cuts but I'm going to be patient and just wish and hope for the best. In the mean time, I hope I can be happy with this new position! It kind of happened quickly! I sent my resume in and the same day I was called and interviewed the next day! Then a proposal was drawn up and I was called the next day. The last few days have been kind of confusing though. I was told that I would be starting on Monday ( the 22nd) and then asked if I could start tomorrow. I was asked that TODAY. I am meeting the parents tomorrow. Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn. :) The parents don't know about me quite yet and a letter will be sent home to them today. I didn't know they wanted me to start tomorrow so I had made previous plans on Friday, but will just go in later in the afternoon. The problem is.....the place is kind of far away like a 48 minute drive. YUCK! I asked my hours and they said 8-5 which puts me smack dab in traffic. THEN today, I talked to them and she said it would probably be 8:30-5:30 which sucks WAY MORE! My assistant asked for the other teacher's hours which would have been my hours (7:30-4:30) which would have put me just ahead of all the traffic. I hope they don't give her those hours and give it to me. That may be mean but c'mon... I probably won't get home until 7 if I don't get off until 5:30 and by the time I cook dinner, eat, and take a shower...it's goodnight time. I really don't mean to be complaining, I am grateful. I'm just going to hate being in the car so much.

Today I had a massage. Brendan got me an hour massage for Christmas and I finally cashed in. And let me say...OH... MY..GOSH! It was incredible. My back...my whole body...I feel like Gumbo ( I think that's his name). Honestly, it was great and made me feel so relaxed and really took some stress off of my shoulders and back. This was my first massage. I've had chiropractic massages but they are nothing like this.

So I shall let you how tomorrow goes. Keep me in your prayers! If this is where God is leading me, then I will surely follow. I just hope that maybe one day soon, He'll take me back in the direction of public schools. :) But if not, that's okay too.

0 comments: